Monday, September 4, 2006

In the Path of Rita!

Thursday, September 22, 2005
6:06:00 PM EDT
Feeling Quiet
Hearing Local News Reports





In the Path of Rita

Yes, we ARE in the path of Rita as of Thursday afternoon. We are inland, but may get hurricane force winds. We have supplies. We are staying. Please say prayers for us and the entire Texas Gulf Coast area! I'll be mostly offline before the storm to leave my telephone open. May be without electricity for some time afterwords......so don't get anxious! I'll be back to give a word of how we fared as soon as it's over and we have electricity and phone service!


Written by bhbner2him . Link to this entry | Blog about this entry | Notify AOL
This entry has 15 comments:

HI BARBARA,
WISHING THE BEST TO YOU AND YOURS.
    HOPEFULLY YOU WILL CONTINUE ENTRIES SOON.
    iF YOU USE A LIGHTER TINT FOR COLOR IT WILL BE EASIER FOR OLD FOLKS LIKE ME TO READ. SAM
    Comment from gravydogg55 - 10/6/05 12:55 PM
    We are waiting patiently to hear from you. You guys are in our prayers daily.
    In God's Hands....
    Monica
    Comment from wimgor - 10/5/05 11:29 AM

    Hi sweetie .. I wanted you to know that I've been praying for you and your family . I know that you are safe in God's hands but I'll be glad when I hear it from you. God bless you my friend until we speak again. Hugs, Trish :)
    Numbers 6:24-26 The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
    Comment from triley822 - 9/29/05 10:14 PM

    Thinking of you and your family sending prayers your way.
    *Louise*
    http://journals.aol.com/eternallife23/OurLives/
    Comment from eternallife23 - 9/28/05 5:59 PM

    Hope your all safe and okay barb. Thinking of you and praying

    Love & hugs
    angelrose

    Comment from angelrose2u - 9/27/05 11:26 PM


    You havn't updated since the storm.. I am starting to worry about you sis. You are in my prayers and I as soon as you can update us. I was trying to think about where in Texas you are and think of you every time they talk about the farmers and the damage down there. ((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))!!!

    Much Love,
    Mary

    Comment from hunybea4him - 9/27/05 1:27 PM
    Hi there! I'm a stay-at-home mom and was just browsing around similar journals and found your journal. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, you have an awesome journal! Take care and have a great week. :-)

    ~ Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/ReflectionsFromWithin/
    Comment from njmom72 - 9/26/05 5:16 PM


    MAY GOD PROTECT YOU AND YOURS AND WE ALL, sam
    Comment from gravydogg55 - 9/23/05 1:04 PM

    I'm praying for you and all who might in Rita's path.
    Comment from sistercdr - 9/23/05 10:07 AM

    I'll be praying for you and all the other folks! Good Luck, Linda
    Comment from naturegirlfromny - 9/23/05 6:51 AM
    (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

    Take lots of picuters!
    Comment from hunybea4him - 9/23/05 3:39 AM
    Please be safe!
    Sending hugs and prayers...
    Linda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fasttrack58/FootprintsintheSand/
    Comment from fasttrack58 - 9/23/05 1:28 AM
    Hi hon. You know you are in my prayers, as are all those effected by these hurricanes. Please keep in touch, okay?
    Big hugs,
    Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
    http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
    Comment from barbpinion - 9/22/05 7:19 PM
    My prayers will be with you and your family plus others during this storm. May God protect you from all harm. Let us know as soon as you can how everyone is faring. Helen
    Comment from madcobug - 9/22/05 6:51 PM

    Praying for everyone who is affected. God willing the storm will not be as bad as feared. Will be thinking of you, big hugs, stay safe and contact us when you can xxxxx
    Comment from jeanno43 - 9/22/05 6:43 PM

3 comments:

  1. wow pretty scary barbara!
    love,nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post
    how do you think with my new post I published

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita was an intense storm.

    I liked that you shared everyone's prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hope this proved insightful to you. - Barbara